Addis Ababa Climate & Temperature
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia is at 8°58'N, 38°47'E, 2324 m (7625 ft). See map.
- Addis Ababa has a humid subtropical mild summer climate that is mild with dry winters, mild rainy summers and moderate seasonality. This climate is usually found in the highlands of some tropical countries. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Addis Ababa is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 15.9 degrees Celsius (60.7 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 3 °C (5.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 23.3°C (74°F) on average falling to 7.3°C (45.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 24.7°C (76.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 10.7°C (51.2°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 21°C (69.8°F) and average low temperatures are 10°C (50°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 22°C (71.6°F) during the day and lows of 8.3°C (47°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1089 mm (42.9 inches) which is equivalent to 1089 Litres/m² (26.71 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2439 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Addis Ababa you would come out nearest to the climate station at Atuona, French Polynesia where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kassala, Sudan - 766.6 kms (476.4 miles) NNW
- Halfa El Gedida, Sudan - 785.4 kms (488 miles) NNW
- El Showak, Sudan - 685.1 kms (425.7 miles) NNW
- Gedaref/ Azaza, Sudan - 672.7 kms (418 miles) NNW
- Sennar, Sudan - 759.7 kms (472.1 miles) NW
- Umm Benin, Sudan - 697.3 kms (433.3 miles) NW
- Abu Na'Ama, Sudan - 658.4 kms (409.1 miles) NW
- Gonder, Ethiopia - 422 kms (262.2 miles) NNW
- Damazin, Sudan - 574.7 kms (357.1 miles) WNW
- Renk, Sudan - 726.4 kms (451.4 miles) WNW
- Malakal, Sudan - 787.2 kms (489.2 miles) W
- Lodwar, Kenya - 739.8 kms (459.7 miles) SSW